Sunday, October 5, 2008

What the

Last night we were headed to Rexburg from Pocatello about 10:00 P.M. The girls were sleeping and Jared and I were enjoying our time of talking. We saw cars pulled over on the right side of the road with their hazards on so Jared changed lanes to the left. Just as we switched over I heard Jared say oh crap a huge deer. I looked over just as we ran over something HUGE. As we hit it we literally went air borne. Landing on the front bumper. I didn't know that vans could fly through the air. We landed stopped and pulled over everyone was fine. Jared got out and that is when we found out that we didn't hit a deer, but we hit a............










MOOSE!

The car on the other side of the road hit it first with his big old truck dragging it a 100 ft. Then we came by and finished the poor moose off flipping it off the highway and into the median. Needless to say we are all fine. Pretty sore all of us are. We are greatful for the outcome expecially hitting a moose. Our van on the other hand is towed to the wrecking yard, and we are waiting to hear the verdict on that one.

13 comments:

~PEARL & MAT~ said...

What the crap!!! Im so sorry to hear but glad you are all ok.

s p e n c e r h a a c k e said...

Now, I knew that Jared liked to hunt... but that is going a little too far.

Trina said...

I know it's deer season but is it moose season? I'm so glad you guys are ok! What a thing to happen. Sorry about the van.

Carlson Clan said...

Oh my heck that is so crazy we were driving and saw a dead moose. I bet it was the same on. that is so crazy I am so glad you are all ok!

Carlson Clan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Christie said...

Do you thin kit escaped from Bear World? Dub said he saw it on the road today... I just can't believe you guys are all ok:)

Melissa said...

Amber! How scary! I'm Glad to hear everybody is okay!

bon bon said...

I bet if it escaped from Bear World you could get some serious money from the Fergusons. What do you think? Sorry to hear about the van! But sorry that doesn't get you out of the Provo trip, we have room for one with us, we'll get you there somehow!

Mandy said...

Thats crazy!! Glad you are all ok.

Memmotts said...

there's a thought. Sue the owner of Bear World to buy a new van so you can take your provo trip. Get extra to come out and visit us too. I'm glad everyone came out of it okay. oh, Did Jared atleast take the head home as a trophy?

3 Docs and A Diva said...

Oh, my goodness!
What a terrifying and dangerous sport to go Moose hunting with your Van!
I am gratefull all who were inside is safe and it didn't cause problems with the baby.
Sorry about your poor van.
xoxo

haackeh said...

I don't know what to say to that story. That is crazy! I am so glad you guys are okay and I hope the damage isn't too bad. You can tell Jared that Spencer hunts that way too. We hit a small deer last month and it did $2000 damage just to the front. I guess thats what insurance is for. Tell the girls we say hello. We still miss you guys. Every time I pass the hotel where you picked me up I am grateful for your help when I was having Jeremy. Thanks, we luv you guys.

Beth at Aunties said...

Amber,
I was glad you visited AND left a comment!
I wish I were going to Hawaii with him but he is going with out me on Church business :( This week he has been in New Mexico and Texa and right now in Mesa (I think)Arizona. He travels all over with out me... so sad, but I am blogging on this blog about our trip to Virgina two weeks ago to see Stephen and Kevin.
Jared might want to see his cousins:) Good Luck with the baby:) I am so glad you went to see Mom. She loves and needs the company.
Love you guys!